Friday, November 25, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving! Especially to everyone who is reading this. We had wonderful Thanksgiving dinner at Carroll and Jim's house. A huge spread, way too much food for the number of people. . . just the way it is supposed to be! And all of it delicious. It was small gathering, Carroll and jim, myself, Michelle and Evan and our friend Scott. After dinner Melinda arrived, she first had dinner with her family and drove back to see us. After dinner, we watched the Polar Express, Charlie Brown Thanksgiving, and came home. Very nice, despite my sinus headache and sore neck.

Even though it was a nice, small, quiet gathering, our families were missed. Families, everyone: Moms and Dads, Brothers, Sisters, Grandparents (yes all of them, even though it may not be possible to be with most of them right now), Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins. It has been a while, we love you all and miss you all. You are in our hearts all the time. But family also includes our dearest friends, both here and afar: Prescotts, Nadiaks, D'Atenos, Birnies, Haas, Ketchels, Toms, Hicks, Antonellas. You see, family is more than just the family you were born into, but the family that you have grown into. We are thankful today for all of you. We may not say it all the time, maybe we don't call enough or email or wirte enough, but that doesn't mean we aren't thinking about you. Thank you everyone.

Evan and Michelle, I am most thankful for the two of you. Without either of you, I don't know where I would be or what my life would be like; I don't even want to spend any time trying to figure it out. I love the two of you with all of my heart. Everything I do, it is for you. Thank you so much for being you and being there for me.

I love you all.

Matt

ADDENDUM:
It has been brought to my attention, that I was amiss to leave out another important family from our extended family. It was truly unintentional, they mean a great deal to me and my immediate family. The Wheelers too are part of our family. I know, as is true of all the people I mention here, that we all would be there for each other if any of us so much as hinted we need help. It may be 3+ months after Thanksgiving, but guess what? I still love ya all! (March 7, 2006)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home