Sunday, January 08, 2006

New Year's Resolution

Promises, promises, promises. Every year I make a resolution: "this year I will lose 40 pounds by my birthday," "I will be a better father," "I will be a better husband," "I will finish all home projects in a timely manner," and so on. Well, I have had to break the 40 pound promise, my birthday comes too soon - only 4 months, that's 10 pounds a month, short of going on a starvation strike until Bush is impeached, 40 pounds "ain't happenin'"! Finishing projects in a timely manner? Problem, its WORK! I work all week the last thing I want to do on the weekend is work ALL weekend. Besides, if I want to be a better husband and father, I won't have time to finish all my projects in a timely manner. So where do we go from here?

I would like to make a motion. Let's end these specific, so called New Year's Resolutions. All I hear when I hear the word "Resolution" is "lie" or "broken promise." I can't get out of my head "My resolve has never been stronger..." Thanks Mr. Bush for screwing up another perfectly good word.

Instead, let's not make promises, lets just be more observant of ourselves and try to improve on what we don't like, which is what we should be doing anyway. No promises. No guarantees. But at least let us be wise enough to know that each of us are not perfect and that we ALL have room for improvement.

So to everyone, Happy New Year. And remember, for better or worse, I'm thinkin' of ya.

Oh and by the way, here are a couple of links you might find funny regarding New Year's.

From JibJab:
2-0-5 in Review
From NPR:
2006 Trailer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home